RLIs sizeable investment in technology
delivers the best business tools to our associates and customers. It
also earns industry recognition. Here
are two examples.
E-Fusion Award Finalist
RLIs home-grown e-submission system was a finalist for the E-Fusion
Award from the A.M. Best Company. This award honors insurance
professionals who harness technologys potential while adhering to sound
RLIs e-submission system is a complex intranet application that lets field
underwriters clear submissions; quote, rate and bind new and renewal
business; and perform a wide range of subsequent policy activity.
The benefits to this internal system are as varied as they are
significant. RLI underwriters can now:
- attain consistency in rating and quoting
- access all loss info during renewals
- obtain clear, structured data for analysis
- turn commercial line quotes quickly
- view all policy documents electronically
Operationally, e-submissions lets RLI:
- build internal controls into the processes
- link underwriting to billing, resulting in earlier premium
- improve our ability to correspond with business partners
- reduce errors in underwriting processes
- simulate paper workflow electronically
- improve operational efficiencies and increase revenues
The e-submissions project, begun in 2001, currently serves five RLI
product lines and is slated to expand to more lines in the near future.
Vignette Efficiency Award
In 2004, RLI also received the coveted Vignette Efficiency Award. The
award is presented by Vignette, a leading information management
With the award, Vignette recognized RLIs innovative, seamless
integration of other in-house applications with their IDM solution.
The goal of the implementation was a central document repository
built to serve different front-end applications and provide the backbone
of critical back-office functions. At the time of the award, RLI had
already implemented this solution for all of our claims operations and
has consolidated our electronic document repository for policies.
The central document repository allows document continuity from
initial generation to accessing the document in later days, months or
years in a meaningful and easy-to-use manner. The result is reduced
steps in the process, reduced need for office and warehouse space and
greater speed and accuracy in creating documents.
Do you have questions? Contact Us