Home Business Protection
Did you know that your work from home business success may depend more on your insurance policy than your business idea?
Thats because most homeowners policies do not cover losses to businesses you run from home!
For more information, visit the RLI Home Business Insurance website.
Purchase a policy
Fill-in-and-print Home Business Insurance application
When some entrepreneurs think about how to start home businesses, the last thing they think of is "Am I insured for this?"
It's a common mistake to assume your homeowners policy protects in home businesses, crafts or hobbies from losses. Typically, they do not.
Dont count on good luck to protect you.
If you have businesses you run from home either full-time, part-time, or as a hobby you
may be surprised to learn that many homeowners and renters policies do not cover losses from business activities.
That means you could be out of luck if you have a property loss or liability claim related to your
work based from home. If you take a moment to add up the amount of inventory and equipment alone dedicated to this
business, it can add up very quickly!
On the other hand, an RLI Home Business Insurance policy includes:
- Coverage for theft or damage to your business property (inventory and equipment!),
- Liability coverage for clients visiting your home on business, and
- Liability coverage away from home if others' property is damaged.
- Premiums starting at just $150, for certain businesses.
Count on RLI to protect you.
RLIs Home Business Insurance is specifically designed to meet the insurance needs of many of the most
successful home based businesses, including crafters, hobbyists and SOHO (small office home office) businesses.
If you are looking for a business to start from home, or if you already run one, our program reduces your risk
by providing very affordable coverage every home-based business needs.
Some of the highlights of RLIs Home Business Insurance include:
- Up to $1,000,000 in business general liability coverage, both on and off the residence premises.
- Up to $100,000 in business personal property limits for protection at home and while temporarily off premises.
- A standard $250 deductible.
- Up to $5,000 per person for medical payments to customers or vendors injured on your premises.
- Optional coverages for money and securities.
- Available in all states and the District of Columbia, regardless of the carrier providing your homeowner coverage.
How do you get an RLI Home Business Insurance policy?
Our program is available in all states.
See how RLI can help ensure your work from home business success today!